Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Season Doldrums

dog days of summer
named after star
sirius I am
summer soltice
hot times
no relief
in sight
only inside
crank ac
bill cranks too

sweat dripping
pool beckons
chores pushed aside
sound of waterfall
soothe the soul
sounds and solitude
mixed as one
splash the water
acting
kid again
hot again
need the cold
stop the heat
cool down
bring on the winter

other world
other side
dark winter now
sun hides
and seeks
cold rain
dreary day
spirits dampen
look for light
winter soltice
please come out
and play
wind blows
not nice
collar goes up
shoulders hunch down
soon be over
warm again
bring on summer
warm me up

4 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

I really, really liked this, BUT I don't think I want the winter ...yet (*ask me again tomorrow).

Kat

raydenzel1 said...

kat,
thank you. My brain was tired for a few days. Nothing stuck in my brain until this. The bloggers all seem to be tired. One can feel the force, and it wasn't happy!

The Topiary Cow said...

Agree bloggers are tired and many are on holiday...

Cow would love to find some rain, cool or not...no hope though for the South at the moment...

Moo!

raydenzel1 said...

We are getting intermitent monsoons here in South Florida.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...