Thursday, June 18, 2009

Social Networks Oh My!

lost contact
my space
out of touch
facebook
what's it about
I am all
a twitter

don't care
don't need
don't want
important
not to me
friends from school
not so nice
not needed
class reunion
miss again

real friends
I know and
care for
have my number
all others
unlisted
what I do
day to day
not important
what I say
even less so

follow celebrities
millions they say
watching and waiting
one wonders for what

new social craze
like school of fish
first this away
then that
change new trend
what for tomorrow
will it end
never it seems
down the rabbit hole
alice

6 comments:

linda said...

Oh, how true. People really are a product of the era.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda
I tried, really did. I felt like a pair of brown shoes with a black tux. Out of place.

The Topiary Cow said...

The best saying about class reunions Cow has adopted is that, were you going to be friends with them, you would have been back then.

Cow just can't understand people who want to continually rehash and relive high school. Cow felt lucky to escape with her life, and Topiary, intact.

PS RJ has the signal distinction of having made it to the very beginning of Topiary posts, and thus wins a Topiary Award for Persistence in the Face of Green Hedges.

Moo!

raydenzel1 said...

moo, I knew if I tried hard enugh, I would someday be on the "cutting" edge.

The only reason to go to a reunion, would to gloat, and look at the misfortune of others. I pass.

Bobby Allan said...

I love gloating and looking at the misfortune of others.

raydenzel1 said...

On second thought, gloating has its good points, shall we dance?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...