Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fruit Out Of Reach, Always Tastes The Sweetest

a borrowed quote
from a novel
long ago

"If I was alone
with thee,
I would kiss thee
until thy cries
for mercy filled
the universe"

love and passion
just out of
reach
distance all
relative
feelings of want
feelings of need

"I thank thee Lady
but thou art there
and I am here and
the world's between us"

over time
how large how small
love out of reach
around the world
or next door

"Ah, but there is
no world
between us.
My life is full
because of thee".

love acknowledged
no greater
purpose
for life afterall

quotes from shogun

2 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

It is lovely and seeing it's from Clavell's Shogun makes puts it in perspective. I find the "cries for mercy" a bit intense, if not scary; rather like Sting's "Every Breath You Take". What do you think?

Kat

raydenzel1 said...

I wondered about it too. It is taken out of context, but I found all three quotes, which ran together in the book, something most people have not gone through. Filling the universe with those cries, made me put my hand up for next. I hadn't read that book for over 30 years, and I couldn't put it down, once again

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...