Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You Get Old

I am doing my best to get out of the funk that I have been in for awhile. The holidays usually get to me, can't wait until they are over. Retail will do that, I guess. Kids grown up is another. Birthdays, sometimes. But I found this article in the September, 2009 issue of Men's Journal that may give me a helping hand.

Pat Jordan is 68. Although he is older, some of the thoughts are the same. Of course, it is a guy's perspective, because that is who I am.

Click on the title or copy and paste this link to get to the article.
http://www.mensjournal.com/you-get-old-2

4 comments:

linda said...

Poignant article.

I was born old in my head but young in body. Now I am getting old in body and young in head.

Being in a funk makes for long days. Hope you feel better soon.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Hmmmm... That's a very good article; beautifully written and insightful. And quite depressing--you won't get out of your funk reading that stuff, as poetic as it is.

Hmmmm... I find the perspective of the middle aged man fascinating. Our culture assumes that you're all out there having a midlife crisis, with your convertible two-seater BMW and girlfriend your daughter's age. That's not how it is, huh?

I'd love to see you write more about this topic. Would be a real eye-opener. Thanks for posting this.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda
I am getting better I think, but still in the tunnel, no light showing yet. Thank you for your thoughts.

Vegas Linda
It is not what you thought eh? The younger girl friend is not what we are looking for, or need. We are not looking to recapture our youth, but to enjoy with someone the time we have left.

raydenzel1 said...

Vegas Linda
When he writes that when in a bar, a woman in her 40's sits next to him, and he said hi, she looked through him and around him, is it the same for women?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...