Sunday, April 25, 2010

What women mean?


Amendment
This is from an email I received. Tongue in cheek humor, you be the judge!


NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

(1) Fine : This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes : If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing : This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead : This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh : This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay : This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . That will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever : Is a woman's way of saying GO TO HELL

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it : Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself.. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

7 comments:

linda said...

I know this has a funny side to it but it is also not so funny when you are at the receiving end of it.

Fortunately these words are do not have double meaning in my house. I just say things as they are. Nothing worse than brooding or giving mixed messages. If I feel crap you can bet that I will say so and why.

When my son eventually goes out with a girl she may well find him unlikely to tolerate that sort of "girl speak" as at home communication is so straight forward. I see it already with his own friends.

I really have an issue with anyone (men or women) not being upfront in any level of relationships and holding people to ransom with emotional blackmail. AKA game playing.

There, that's my rant for the day.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda
This was an email that I received. It was a tongue in cheek explanation. I only have one word to say """"ducking low""""" Whew!

linda said...

Ha ha, but the sad thing is that too much of it is TRUE.

Deborah said...

Well, for me; I know I have used all of these more than once.

raydenzel1 said...

Deborah
per day?

Deborah said...

{loud sigh}

raydenzel1 said...

I actually had to look up at the list for "loud sigh"
Deborah
Yes I am an idiot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...