Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What I thought of in 1965!

There is kind of an unspoken rule when blogging, don't admit how old you are. Too bad. We all get old along with everything that goes with it. Never the less.....

This album came out in 1965. Trust me on this one boys and girls, this picture collectively filled many thoughts and minds of all the young men in school that have lingered on forever.  The main song was A Taste of Honey.

The demise of vinyl albums accompanied the death of the wonderful and creative album art covers. Was it the music or the cover?

Click on the title for more information.
A video from 1966




Later in 1979 another hit called Rise!


5 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Wow--you just gave me a major flashback. We used to put on "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" every Saturday morning while doing our chores. I haven't thought of that album in years!

What??? Bloggers aren't supposed to mention age? But I want the world to know I'm 32!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

P.S. I, too, miss album cover art. Part of the thrill of getting a new record was gazing at the cover and reading all the liner notes for hours on end.

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Wow! That was a pretty risque over for 1965...

Deborah said...

My mom and dad totally had this album. I used to look at it all the time!

I still enjoy it when I hear Herb.

And I am not young, my parents had me when my mom was very young so they were totally hip and cool in the 60s.

raydenzel1 said...

Vegas Linda Lou

It's amazing what sticks in my mind as an impressionable young man. The art of the cover would draw one to the music and hopefully exceed my expectations.
P.S. A youthful 32!

Travel & Dive Girl

There were others that I might show someday. but yes, it was a big deal.

Deborah

Glad the memories are good for you. You are young/old enough for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...