Sunday, July 18, 2010

Daytime Hands Off To Night

looking over water
from backyard

birds come down
once last chance
for the day
feast or famine
unaware fish
swim by
a meal or home
to early
to call

a cool breeze
starts to find
its way
to end
a another
heat full day

the sun
ends it free fall
off in distance
water swirling
ripples trace
the surface
from whence it came

smooth jazz
tickles the ears
Franks and Krall
magical question
popsicle toes
are always froze

how many licks
to make you
happy
the world
may never know

one can guess

one more
might do it

2 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Very nice. "Popsicle toes"-- I get the reference! I had that album back in the 70s.

raydenzel1 said...

Vegas Linda Lou

The timing was perfect as I watched all around me and the duet of Diana Krall and Michael Franks playing on my I pod shuffle, I raced in to write this down.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...