Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Looking For Mr. Right? How About Mr. Sometimes Right?

With all the dating sites springing up on the web and seemingly millions of people searching, there must be a lot of lonely people out there. Searching, hoping to land the hottie of their own. Men and women alike ignoring the almost perfect people around them.

I wonder why. I know of some that find someone and break up and go looking for the same sort of person they just left.  Silly right? One definition of insanity is to the same thing over and over and expect different results. But it happens.

Not tall enough, not smart enough, not enough money, too quiet, to loud, doesn't have them abs, wants kids, doesn't want kids, and so on.

No compromises.  Time marches on and the saying goes "All the good ones are married". Someone you know has said that in passing and wonders if they will grow old alone.

Many were overlooked because they were more frog-like then prince-like. They didn't fit the want list.

Now, this day may never come, but if it did this is what my ad would look like:




For sale

Somewhat older version of what I used to be a long time ago

Quite the handyman now that I have tools and a lifetime of experience

I love to read books and want someone who does too

I love rock and roll and love it loud

I love old cars

I love to slow dance

I love to cuddle

I love to laugh and make you laugh too

I love to be appreciated for the effort and maybe the results

I love history and what the world has to offer

I am learning to write poetry

I am outgoing in the work place but quiet at gatherings

I am somewhat a homebody but willing to try different things

I am available for a trial experience

Supplies are limited

Please dial the number below to get to an operator

Money back guarantee, because no money changed hands

Give me a try

Picture and age available on request.......

5 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

That's a great ad! Maybe you should say "for sale or rent"?

middle child said...

"ingoring the people arounnd them." I say, live your life and let people be drawn to you or not. Be and open, honest, aware and happy person. People will be drawn to your contentment. Peace.

The Topiary Cow said...

My theory about online dating is that it's easier than speaking to someone in person. Much easier to click and email than to talk to someone and risk brushoff.
Just wish I'd thought to start a dating site around 1994. They are making a mint off of this.

linda said...

People want different things from relationships depending on where they are at in life. What I wanted in life at the age of 23 would be very different than what I would require in my life at the age of 46. Different stages at different ages.

raydenzel1 said...

Travel
Yes, great idea. I have often joked about being a rental husband for the neighborhood. All the perks, no headaches. I did leave out "Must be let out for an occasional round of golf. Non negotiable".

Middle
Right now, not much is drawing to me. That could change.

Topiary
A problem with that is one is missing the voice and the laugh of the person of interest. The sum of all parts is important to me. Yes, hindsight on the making of money, one can dream on the what if!

Linda
Oh this is so true. Like the reshuffling of a deck of cards, life's wants and choices change greatly. I know my "for sale" sign attractiveness would have limited appeal, that is the point.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...