Thursday, November 18, 2010

Work Horse!

Work Horse

This is a copy of the art work I was given!


I have been helping out my next door neighbor with some outside work the last  few weeks. Some landscaping here and there. 

A small thing actually but with big results to the outside look of her house. She has been very happy with the effort on my part. I had volunteered. It was unexpected. I wanted to do something, expected nothing, in fact I had repeated many times nothing was expected back from her.

Instead I was bestowed a treasure of some of her art work. It is framed and ready to hang in a special place in my home. It came in a basket with other goodies, a fine book on how to draw and some of my favorite beer which will not go to waste, I can assure you. I knew she was an artist but had no clue how prolific and world renown she was.  

To walk into her house is to view an art gallery upon her walls. Stunning and mesmerizing. Her son is an artist as well. His work also adorns the walls. Art everywhere! One can not take it all in with glance.

If the art work (which is a reproduction of an original water color) is the perception of how outsiders see me, I am very pleased. I am still stunned with her generosity.  Her art is very witty, pointed commentary, droll sense of humor, a way of thinking I am very familiar with.  I told her I would write about her, which also surprised her.

Please check out her website. I think you will be pleased with your effort and time.
Rollin McGrail


rollinmcgrail.com

5 comments:

Deborah said...

We want pictures! Of the landscaping and of the art piece!

So nice of you do that for a neighbor.

raydenzel1 said...

Deborah
That is the picture, but I will add in the one with the frame and in living color.

The landscaping has been a lot of overgrowth of tree limbs, branches, weeds, vines, dead palms, and so on. More like removal.

A before and after picture I guess would have been nice, but that wasn't the intention.

I just helped put in a new mailbox, showing how to do it. Little things, a little bit of time. Soon they will be all right again.

suraimu said...

There has been a drought of Rollin pictures in the last 6 months, you helping out must have given her inspiration and ease of mind, she finished two new pictures yesterday, thank god she's back on.

T said...

The artwork...

WHAT is the artwork? Where? The work horse?

'Splain?

raydenzel1 said...

phroy

I am glad I was able to help. It has been a pleasure.

T
Yes, the work horse is the art work. I took a copy from her web site. I did put an explanation under the picture. Trust me on this, it looks even better in person. There is a splash of color to bring it all out and framed and matted nicely.
Consider it splained lucy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...