Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lunch Time Art

As you may know, I practice drawing on my lunch hour.
 It makes me happy when it turns out well. 
When it doesn't, I do get a bit grumpy until the next time. 
I will have reached my goal when the drawing comes seemingly without much effort.
As I started on this drawing a fellow worker who was sitting beside me commented 
that I was making a big leap in drawing a full picture of someone. 

I began and he left. 
When he came back about an hour later, this is what I showed him.



the book picture on the left
my first attempt on the right



the drawing in the book was done in charcoal.
The author said it took him 15 minutes.



My drawing attempt in pencil.
It took me about 45 minutes.

When my co-worker looked at it and said he could not believe it,
I was pleased by his reaction.

My years journey continues.

later
coffee time
Ray

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...