Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Week Without Sleep!

Well, almost. Here at work we have just gone through our semi annual inventory. About twenty of us are given the responsibility of doing the main counting and to verify the counts of a service company that is hired to count stock on the shelves 8 ft. high and below.  They come in on the second day. On the first day we run up and down ladders and using an LRT gun we scan boxes and individual items on the shelves, checking every nook and cranny for stock to be counted. With approximately $ 4 and 1/2 million dollars to count, this is no small feat. Our store carries 40-50 thousand items at any given time, a lot to count!

Sleep? Oh yea, getting to that. We had to be at work at 5:00 am each morning. I normally come in at 1:00 p.m..
What is wrong with this picture? ha ha. I tried to go to bed very early to get 8 hours of quality sleep on Monday evening.

And I laid there. Clock ticking. Can a cell phone clock tick? tick tock
Normally I fall asleep within seconds. This is not good. Finally sleep comes. One of the dogs comes into the room needing to go out. My sleep is broken. I had maybe two hours of sleep and it set the trend for the week.

Tuesday night same routine. By Wednesday people are commenting on my appearance. Thursday I look like death warmed over. Friday, we came in for a final three hours, stretched to almost 5 hours. Eyes very glassy by now. The feeling of driving on a trip way too long and way too far.  Finally time to go. Inventory was good. We did good.

Time to go home and sleep. Nope, too tired to sleep! Night time comes, the punishment continues.

Saturday, a new work week. Having trouble seeing the computer screen. Talking to customers is very difficult.

Sunday will be better. Slowly things will be normal again,
As for know while I type, I can feel the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's coming on.

yawn.......
Later
Ray

2 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

All that counting was messing with your mind. Hopefully sleep comes - there is nothing worse than being told "you look tired", which basically means "you look like hell".

raydenzel1 said...

Travel
There is a lot of pressure to get it right and we did! I looked very different. Unshaven, ball cap, t-shirt, jeans, very different from my usual look.
But yes, I did look like hell.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...