Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things You May Not Know About RJ - part one

Some boring stuff I am sure but never the less

I love the colors red and black. A new color that I seem to like is raspberry. I have a few shirts like that.

I don't own a suit. I haven't for over ten years. The need or occasion just doesn't come up anymore.

I love to draw. Currently I am searching for my own particular style and strength. That may take awhile.

I love to write. I don't know if I am any good at it but I give it my best each time out. Getting my thoughts down on paper is very helpful for me.

I like to write poetry. Emotional times make the words pour out and it is very cleansing.

I don't care that much about watching and following sports teams that much anymore. Too many years of disappointments has drained away the fun and enjoyment.

I don't like people who hate their jobs but show up each day and spread their pain around the work site complaining about this and that and how they can't wait for the day to end.

I am a math idiot. I learned math calculations as it related to work, floor plans and so on. Practical stuff.
But I never trust hand written calculations, I must use a calculator when ever possible. Abstract math? Forget about it. And I am envious of people to whom it comes naturally.

I end many a sentence with a preposition. Sorry about that, can't be helped.

I love to cook. I love to bake. When I bake, I love to give it away. It tastes good and it makes people happy. Everyone loves homemade goods and appreciates the effort it took to make it.

I don't like being around people who look like they are suffering when they are working on something, a pained expression on their face.

I love playing drums. I haven't sat down in front of a set in forty years but I know I can still play. The endurance needed, that is something else.

I love my children. They are all better at me at everything and that makes me happy.

I have very few close friends. The ones I do have, have stood the test of time.

I wish I could play the guitar. My brain gets in the way trying to get each hand to work on its own.

If you are my enemy, alive or dead,  I will never forget you. Or forgive.

If you are my friend, I am here for you.

It takes me forever to learn how to do something or understand, but when I do, I will be better then you at it.

I like to do things on my own. Working around the house, even something that takes two people to do, I will figure how to do it by myself, walking, riding a bike, making conversation is very distracting.

I love my music. I enjoy many types and styles but rock and roll still rules for me.

I wish I was great at something. The search continues.

I realized long ago nothing I will do will be perfect. Ever.

I love people with a sense of humor.

I hate laugh tracks on TV.

I love to read. If I like a book, I will keep it and read it again and again seemingly forever. The same thing with a movie I like.

Dogs really are man's best friend. Unconditionally.

That is it for now.

coffee time

ray

4 comments:

Pearl said...

Reading a book more than once is what separates us from the animals.

:-)

Pearl

raydenzel1 said...

Pearl
I did catch one of my dogs reading a book. He said it was a one time thing.

linda said...

Dogs are great. And if they can read, all the better.

Good post Ray.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda
Animals in general are better then most people. Dogs top the list. And if they can discuss a book review so much the better! haha
thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...