Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Magic Hands Of Grandpa Jack


It's old dusty and looks used
and abused.
No , not me silly.

This violin was made by my grandfather.
My picture taking
doesn't do it justice.


...






He was quite handy.
He had made several guitars,
banjos, and this violin. 

I thought of repairing it.
It is not playable.
It is not valuable, only to me.

His garage was a wonderland 
of tools that could fix,
repair, and create.

I wish I had those tools
and those skills.
I don't.

However I do have memories
and this handmade violin.

Thanks Grandpa Jack

beer time

ray


3 comments:

linda said...

What a fantastic thing to have. It's just lovely on so many levels.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda
Thank you. It is something special. Skills, talent, and he had the ability to play what he built. He was Russian, the Russian part of my Russian/Polish heritage. Maybe some of it will wear off on me!

raydenzel1 said...

Linfa
By the way, my middle name Jacob came from him. His nickname of course was Jack.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...