Saturday, August 13, 2011

Repost - The Invisible Man

This is a repost of a poem from a few years ago. I wrote it after attending a golf tournament.

My group did not play that well and I was talking toward the end with a rather good looking woman who was helping with the tournament.

Sometimes a man can pause and reflect. I remember Vegas Linda Lu being surprised that this could happen to men.

Hoping not to bore you, here it goes.


Sunday, October 25, 2009


there are days
a wake up call
things to be enjoyed
not going well

a self awareness
of ones self
outside looking in
as others see

female gender
casual encounter
being polite
no hint of
interest
ego takes hit
confidence ebbs

sometimes it
matters
can't shake it off
reaching the age
of invisibility

the feeling of alone
in a crowded room
this will pass
understood
not unique
in this feeling

but when senses
reel
perception is reality
down day will go away
bluster of salesman
will hide insecurity
once more
and understand
the invisible man

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Awesome. Honestly.

I hope you use your talents in whatever your profession may be.

Have a very happy Saturday. :)

raydenzel1 said...

Jamie

My you are up early! Thank you. I will change the subject line on my next post but it felt right to dust this one off once again. I am in sales so poetry doesn't come into play much. haha But the ability to talk sure does. Thanks for stopping by.

Josie said...

Beautiful poem that I can surely relate to. Been there. Next week I turn 45 and the perspective is surely different from when I was in my 20's or 30's for that matter.

raydenzel1 said...

Josie

I guess we can all react the same but in different ways. You have much to offer besides how you look. I think you will be fine. Happy Birthday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...