Friday, September 9, 2011

Closet Purge

Today was one of those "do it now" days. I had bought some new pants yesterday because the ones I normally wear were """"""too big"""""( yea!! ) and needed to go. ( I have been steadily losing weight over the past year)

A long glance at our very unorganized closet showed that I had a bunch of golf shirts aka work shirts that I had stopped wearing along time ago, mostly because the length had shrunk.  Some of the colors and patterns no longer appealed to me. So they all had to go.

50 plus shirts! 6 pairs of pants! I do have space for more stuff now. I did buy 3 pairs of pants and shirts, all in black and a new belt. Nothing fancy, there are for work of course. And I don't like to think while getting dressed for work, so I keep it basic. I work in a retail warehouse environment so being clean and presentable is what is called for.

I now feel good, a bit of satisfaction. I don't think it will get that way again because as the weight continues to come off, I will need to redo everything again.

Not too exciting today, just a day in the life of Ray, or should I say morning!

later

Ray

4 comments:

Josie said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Slow and steady is the way to do it. any tips?

raydenzel1 said...

Josie

It took years to put it on, so slowly is my only choice. Let's see, tips? I make my own bread and cakes and cookies. I control what I put in.

I don't eat at fast food places. I read all packages and don't buy any thing with natural or artificial flavors or food dyes. I get newsletters from Mens Health and Women's Health. They are free.

Get yourself a role model. I have one. Get on the scale every day.

I still drink beer, at least two a day. I still get the munchies once in awhile and give in. But only once in awhile. There will be times you will get discouraged, but don't. Make it fresh whenever you can. These are some of my tips.

linda said...

FIFTY shirts?

Crikey. How does one end up with fifty shirts?

Anyway, well done. Out with the old and in with the new. I love that when I empty the wardrobe.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda

It just adds up over time, 3-4 years I guess. I am not in the habit of throwing stuff away.

Love that word "crikey". I bet I could use that word a lot around here. lol

I was about to donate them when I remembered that a guy at work might be able to use them. He took them all!
Another good deed done by yours truly! ha ha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...