Monday, October 17, 2011

So I Was Sitting In A Bar

I met a few golfing friends after work Friday at a local eatery because one of them was retiring. I realized I had not been to this place in almost 5 years, when we had a get together because I was transferring locations and would not be working with them anymore. The place has a comfortable feel to it. The food, standard fare, is good, the beer cold, and the music just right. Many games on TV of all types to enjoy as well.

Our waitress was pretty and competent in her job. She was very nice to look at. I pointed out to one guy who was flirting a bit with her that she was way to young for him. I guessed 25, turned out she was 24. About half his age. I thought she was interesting but way too young. She was of course, tipped nicely!

I did notice however, several attractive middle-aged women that were around the bar and tables that got my attention at times. Yep, the radar was still working! ha ha It is amazing in a good way they are still head turners.

But for some strange reason, it never dawned on me until a few days later, were any of them looking at me in the same way? Sometimes it is good to be oblivious to things happening around you and sometimes you might miss something.

Over time the shields go up and subtle hints are missed that years ago would have been eagerly looked for.

ah, the male ego.

time for the morning coffee

ray

7 comments:

Cameron said...

Perhaps the middle-aged women were looking at the 24-year-old men. Turn about is fair play! ;-)

raydenzel1 said...

Cameron

The sound you may hear is me slapping myself. Ouch, I didn't think of that! Funny my friend!

Bar L. said...

I was just reading an article yesterday about how bars, in restaurants, are a good place for singles to meet. It said that most women feel uncomfortable going to any type of bar alone, but they shouldn't - because when they are alone they are more approachable than when they have their friends sitting with them.

What do you think about that? What would you think if you saw an interesting woman alone at a "nice" bar?

Bar L. said...

P.S. I was involved with a guy half my age last year, I think its up to the individual if they want to get involved with someone that much older/younger. I wouldn't choose to have a serious relationship with a very young guy, but it was fun and flattering at the time.

raydenzel1 said...

A woman should be afforded a level of comfort wherever they go. Maybe they just want to go out for a drink or listen to music or watch the big game on TV. Maybe they want a harmless conservation or maybe they want to be alone. I would be happy that she is there.

Maybe we could talk about this more over a drink! ha ha

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Yeah, but were any of those chickies wearing their badass orange gangsta ball cap? ;)

raydenzel1 said...

Dawn

you are too pretty to be a gangsta.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...