Sunday, March 11, 2012

I suck as a department manager because I am too nice

It's true. It is one of my failings.  Besides an occasional paperwork snafu, ( paperwork is never ending ) I am too nice, I am known as a nice guy. I was told that. This came about as the district manager walked in and that day everything was a disaster. I was told this as I walked in that day about the visit.

Accountability, responsible for my people not doing enough.

I only took the position to earn more money selling (spiff, commission ) which has now gone away. I do work like crazy, I was given additional duties but not extra people. A long time ago I used to be good, not now I guess. Obviously I have to make a decision, one that will not result in losing my job.

Borrowing from Shakespeare... To be a prick of a boss or not to be a prick of a boss, that is the question

To be continued...

4 comments:

Pearl said...

I was a boss once. No more and never again. I don't have the skills to be effective -- and I'm probably not as nice as you!

Is it too late to go into farming?

Pearl

Falcondawn said...

The biggest present you can have in presence is... time: what an analogy. What a life!

www.after-damn-comes-dawn.blogspot.com

www.slowdownnow.org

Yours sincerely dear Mr. Jacob

O. Klastat

www.no-extremes.de

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Aw. You're such a helluva guy. :) Don't change.

raydenzel1 said...

Pearl
It is a thought. while just the other day I was on the front porch a whittling...

Olivier
time to continues to run out I think.

Dawn
I will try. Right about now, the smile as been wiped off my face. It'd so bad, I stopped flirting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...