Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Day Of Doing Nothing

We had inventory this past week. I am part of the counting team. For the first time ever, I felt comfortable with the paperwork procedure and what we had to do. The hours are very long. We were there for 12 hours on Tuesday (5 a.m.), 11 on Wednesday(6a.m.), 11 hours on Thursday(7a.m.) and about 5 hours on Friday(7a.m.).

Amazingly, though tired, I wasn't exhausted like last time, when I walked around zombie like from lack of sleep, losing my truck keys, and felt out of sorts. I stayed with my same sleep patterns, getting by on 5 hours of sleep a night.  Each day we all left sore and tired including many quite younger then me. We had to go up and down ladders, 14 steps, to get to the height we needed in each 8 foot section. Inventory boot camp.

Finally, it was all over, and an early day on Friday. When I got home, I did nothing! napped, slept. TV, napped, ate, napped, computer, napped. And at the end of the day, I was bored.

Bored, tired of doing nothing. Which proves that doing something, anything is better than nothing.

I am off this weekend, my rotation calls for me to be off. My next day off won't be until a week from Monday(retail schedule), so additional time off to do some catch-up work around the house is welcome.

All this proves is that one needs to have a purpose, a plan to do something each day, doing nothing is not a plan.

and now for an energetic cup of coffee

ray

2 comments:

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

So true, RJ, so true. I dream of a day of doing nothing, then when it occasionally happens, I end up bored by noon. Also, I have a weird, depressed, useless feeling those days, too.
Yuck.
:)

raydenzel1 said...

Dawn
It must be part of that midwestern work ethic buried deep inside. However, liking drinking, I am sure I could work around that in time!
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...