Sunday, April 8, 2012

Nature On The Half Shell, Florida Style

Being close to the water by with our home on on the ocean front condo the waterway into the manmade lake has its perks. Frogs sending out love songs at night, the occasional bellows from the alligator that might wander by, fishing breaking the water and a collection of birds, of all types that stop by to feed.

Often the main course is enjoyed by long and tall gangly birds with extremely long beaks who enjoy the shellfish that resides close to shore.
Below is a little collection of leftovers picked clean and left for the clean up crew(me) which are dispatched with the help of the lawnmower.

Good for the birds, bad for the shellfish.


and


It is very common by my backyard, but not common elsewhere.

I thought I would share a bit of nature on my day off.

time for a holiday beer

ray

10 comments:

Fanypap said...

Beautiful photos!! You can drawing inside this half shell!! Kisses from Greece.

raydenzel1 said...

happy Easter kisses to you!

klahanie said...

Hi Ray,
And interesting to see what's indigenous to the local area. Very different from where I live. On a good day, I might see the mighty hedgehog :)
Hope you savoured your holiday beer and had a most peaceful Easter.
In kindness and happy writing, your way, Gary

~Coach said...

Backyard Buffet there - nice...

raydenzel1 said...

Hey Coach
Thanks for stopping by.
Yep, all that is missing is a few cold ones!

Gary
Hope your Easter was nice. Yes a few beers were savored. Always some kind of birds around to enjoy.

Pearl said...

That would confound me, if it were to happen in Minneapolis!

Pearl

raydenzel1 said...

Pearl
I grew up in Chicago, never, ever saw anything like this. It is not like that all the time.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Frogs? Alligators? Birds? Oh, I wish I didn't land here so close to bedtime...

Vegas Linda Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raydenzel1 said...

Vegas Linda

Yes, at night, the sounds can be wonderful. No sounds of the alligator mating calls as of late. Birds of many varieties are always around, but they never get to close!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...