Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hey! Could you flush and wash your hands?

As disgusting has public bathrooms are, people go out their way to make them worse. The men's bathroom, as you walk in, has three urinals against the wall. Almost always, the one on the right will have been used but not flushed.

I don't get it.

So of course, I push down on the lever to finish it off. Gosh, that was hard wasn't it.

But wait, there is more.

It would appear that hand washing is becoming a lost art. Granted, our establishment does not go out of its way to make your bathroom experience a pleasant experience, but for the most part, at least there is soap and water.

Hand towels, maybe not. But there is that blower machine thingy on the wall, or even the ever popular air dry method.

But more often then not, they skip that last step. There is a sign that says "employees must wash their hands", but I am starting to think it should include customers too.

If you see me skipping the ritual handshake on the sales floor you will wonder no more.  Mr. Customer, you have been put on notice. And been seen doing the dirty deed.

early morning beer time!

ray

8 comments:

Pearl said...

There's a restaurant/bar in Minneapolis -- I believe it's Chino Latino's -- where the bathrooms are in a common area outside of the men's and women's bathrooms. You can SEE who doesn't wash -- I'd say 98% of the people coming out of those bathrooms wash their hands. Nothing like a little peer pressure!!

Pearl

middle child said...

Early mornning BEER time? Oh my sweet,sweet man. Pretty soon it will be the breakfast of champions; whiskey and wheaties! I've heard it said that there is a certain culture that eats with one hand and wipes with the other. Think about THAT one.

Travel & Dive Girl said...

That is also a pet peeve on mine. Here at work - the problem in the women's bathroom is water all over the place - floor, counter, mirror. I can't imagine they would be so messy at home.

raydenzel1 said...

Pearl
a large man with a baseball bat is a better peer pressure. I am guessing 100% compliance!
What time are we meeting there?

Middle
Karen, flatter me all you want. Back in the day was beer and wheaties, which rumor has it I may have tried! A day off today.
This is true on that culture which is why they do not shake hands.

Travel
I have been told horror stories about the ladies room. Yes, they are that messy at home, you can count on it.

Joanne Noragon said...

I travelled the PA turnpike often in the old days and the rest area before Breezewood was on my list of places to stop. There was a prominent sign that said "Wash your hands. It's the law." One of my best stops was the day a group of women, speaking another language, stood at the sign, pointing at it and at another member of the group. Much gesticulating. Much noise. I was so sorry I didn't know the language.

klahanie said...

And not to mention that some dude has tinkled on the toilet seat when you are wanting to go for a number two.
I wonder why it's called a public 'bathroom' when I've never seen a bathtub in one.
Take care. I'm going to go for coffee...
Gary

Anonymous said...

They don't flush on the plane either. A hugh pet peeve for those of us who do.

raydenzel1 said...

Joanne
Ha! I bet the lively discussion was over the one whom them wanted arrested!

Klahanie
I hate that when an inspection is needed beforehand. The woman's bathroom has the tub, or so I have heard.

Gene Pool
Yipes! It's not you can use the next stall or the next plane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...