Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feel Free To Work Any Six Days You Want

What I am finding out now this time around is that in mainstream retail, working six days has become the standard.
Yep, one day off!
Let us think about that shall we...

I did a post last year on how overworked Americans are compared to the rest of the world. Now the excuse is that you should be happy to have a job.

How happy? Not very.
But I maybe forced to take to take any job soon to bring some income.
But to save my sanity I need two days off. It may upset my comfort zone to work at something different but I will have to try. Plus there is a house to maintain. It will quickly fall into disrepair. And I will not let that happen.

oh, did I mention about the twelve hour days? Sometimes the work week might be 60-70 hours.

oh the insanity!

a tired cup of coffee time

ray

P.S.
I went on an interview yesterday. They like me, but a second interview might not be for another week or so.
The waiting continues.

2 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

What? 6 days a week? 12 hour days? Ouch!

I understand the need to make a living, but are employers just taking advantage of people needing a job?

Good luck on the second interview.

raydenzel1 said...

Travel
They are taking advantage of the situation. But eventually things swing back the other way.

thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...