Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hey, what's 15 inches of rain amongst friends?



Here are some pictures, not in order, on what it looked like in my neighborhood.
Streets were flooded and if you got out, you couldn't get back in.
Parking lots were lakes.
Lakes were, well, you can see.
I could fish from my backyard fence.
Docks totally under water.
Some areas over two feet deep.
It can always be worse.
We didn't get the high winds.
The house didn't flood.
Another day though and I think it would have.
The water covered at least 30 feet of lawn.



















hey I will have a dry cup of coffee please!

ray

5 comments:

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Oh, RJ! I am so sorry! Hope nothing is damaged and you are all OK. :)

raydenzel1 said...

Dawn

Thanks, we are okay. Nothing like you went through. Funny thing though, just as I was about to respond it started to rain again. sigh...

The back yard water had receded about four feet. Some local streets are still closed. Ha, I just turned off the lawn sprinkler system, figured I won't need it for awhile.

take care
;-)

klahanie said...

Oh my, that was some deluge. Thank goodness your house didn't flood.
I'll send you a dry cup of British coffee. Then again...
Your dog buddy, Penny

Choleesa said...

Im glad your house stayed afloat.

raydenzel1 said...

Klahanie

Penny A flooded house would have been bad. All the dog blankets would have gotten wet. squish...
sending warm doggie thoughts your way.

Choleesa
yes, we didn't pay for a house boat!
thanks for stopping by.
p.s.
love the new glasses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...