Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Raiders Football-Old School

Maybe I like old school football because, well, I am old school. Attitudes were different, style was different. Money didn't mean as much back then. Winning meant more. Losing hurt more.
Warrior mentality. Loved it then, love it now. Yea, I know more now about injuries now. The punishment was sometimes brutal. But the message was there. We will destroy you.

The Raiders were cool. The players with attitude that other teams didn't want, the Raiders welcomed with open arms. And we loved it!



now it is time for a full contact fear inspiring

coffee

ray

6 comments:

Pearl said...

I'm in 100% agreement with you, R.!

Pearl

raydenzel1 said...

Pearl

It is just my way of thinking. When we played, we tried to be just like them.
A 100%? I am one lucky guy!

;-)

ray

klahanie said...

Hey Ray,
My human, Gary was telling me all about the Oakland, Los Angeles, Oakland Raiders. How they were a much feared team back in the sixties.
He also told me about the Canadian Football League and how rough n' tough the BC Lions used to be.
Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star!

Anonymous said...

Gotta admit, I tend to slip into a coma when football hits the screen but I enjoyed the clip.

I also enjoy watching the dinkey dudes, what are they, Pop Warner?

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Ray! Sorry I have been MIA. I missed a lot this week. First off, CONGRATS ON PASSING THE TEST!!

Don't know much about football, but I know about tailgating! We'll be heading out to the Buckeye game tomorrow for said tailgating. :)

raydenzel1 said...

Klahanie
Penny
The Raiders were good in the 70's too. We didn't follow the CFL that much but many players in the NFL came from there.

Kelly Louise
I agree, the games are not as compelling as they used to be. Glad you enjoyed the clip!
I will feature some other stuff in future posts.

Dawn
Thank you so much. I was so worried about passing and I am glad it was over. I will think of you when the Buckeyes have their homecoming and do the script Ohio at half time! ha, I know stuff!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...