Thursday, November 15, 2012

another birthday, yep, 60...sigh

The older I get the younger everyone appears, part of the continual aging process I guess. The women sure look younger, that is for sure.

I don't feel I have lived up to my potential but maybe, just maybe I have. Maybe this is as good as it gets, the most successful I will be as a man, a husband, a father, a person.  Is it enough? I don't think so. If they are keeping score I don't think I have accomplished all that much.

I am struggling on my new job, I know that is part of it. Numbers as in cash, as in sales is what it is all about. I am still determined to make it and have my break through, but when I wonder, my resilient shrug it off attitude is taking a beating. The bills are piling up. I try to shrug off the pressure. Be stoic, isn't that what a man should be? But I see others doing well and I wonder.

I know that having a birthday beats the alternative, I understand. But the birthdays sure come faster don't they?

Maybe, just maybe, someday...

a morning coffee and an evening beer
happy birthday to me

ray

4 comments:

Choleesa said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Hope you had a good one.

raydenzel1 said...

Choleesa

I must admit to being down as I wrote this post but it did pass. My day did pick up!

Stop and say hi to me on FB, look for raymond J. denzel if you want.
thanks again

ray

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Happy Birthday, buddy! The big 6-0! Remember what I told you: low expectations. Key to happiness. :)

raydenzel1 said...

Dawn
Thank you for your birthday kindness. This old man still thinks he is young!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...