Monday, February 18, 2013

After Valentines Day Thoughts From RJ

Our satellite communication system circles the earth at over 22,000 miles above the earth (hard to fathom that distance), the asteroid was closer than that at 17,000 miles above the earth. We are not ready if somehow it had turned toward us.

The Mayan prediction was very close, only off by a few months and a few miles. The meteor in Russia showed the destructive power of a direct hit. A coincidence? I think not.

Valentines day is a day to foster guilt and loneliness and is a great marketing ploy.

The seemingly endless battle to feel good and look good can take its toll. Are both concepts joined at the hip? Like the chicken and egg theory? What does come first?

Does anyone know how hard but doable it is to eat 2,000 calories a day, or less? Me and my fitness pals do!

The health and welfare of those around us is more important than ones own health and welfare.

I watched once again the movie Syriana with George Clooney and Matt Damon. A world stage thriller about oil and corruption, It came out in 2005. Things haven't changed. Recommended viewing.

Sometimes life gives one a serpentine path to follow to get where you want to get even if where you want to get is not really clear.

Everyone laughs when the weather gets cold and chilly here in south Florida unless you have come down here for fun in the sun and to work(on ones tan by drinking a lot and wearing as little as possible so when you go back up north you can taunt the less fortunate) on your tan and having breakfast by the pool!


coffee time
and yogurt!

ray



5 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Now you goaded me into it; I've been too self indulgent for at least a month and my jeans attested this morning.

raydenzel1 said...

Joanne
I have been fighting the battle and I think I am starting to turn the tide.

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

RJ, I've been eating 1,200 calories a day and exercising 5 days a week for years now. Used to work, but now, how much weight have I lost? None. In fact, I've gained. Frustrating, to say the least.
But it's probably the beer.

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raydenzel1 said...

Dawn
The beer looks good on you, always gets my vote!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...