Saturday, March 9, 2013

What Can I Tell You, The Fast Went Fast!

I had a quick exam for a life insurance policy Friday morning. To prepare for it, it called for a number of hours of fasting, no alcohol, coffee and such. Being a guy I decided to take it to another level.

Thursday morning at 6:00a.m., I had a nice breakfast consisting of eggs, cottage cheese, strawberries, banana and two cups of chocolate milk. Believe it or not, that clocked in at about 1200 calories. I had two cups of coffee later Thursday morning.

And that was it! Until dinner Friday evening! At about 6:30 p.m.

And I found my self not hungry. I was amazed. I craved nothing. No stomach grumbling. I did drink plenty of water and I know that helped. But still...

When I ate Friday night, I felt fuller faster. Probably still ate too much.

Maybe it all went well because it was necessary. My mind was at ease because it was needed.

Teaching an old dog new tricks...

no coffee this morning, ice cold water instead,

ray

4 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Wow! That really is the next level!

raydenzel1 said...

Linda
It was easy! And it has changed my way of thinking on what and when I eat. Life is a series of small steps for me.

Deborah said...

There's a whole contingent of peeps that fast on a regular basis. Are you interested? Intermittent fasting.

raydenzel1 said...

Deborah
I am thinking about doing it more often.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...