Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sometimes I am to tired too be the voice of reason

It was Sunday night at work, it had been a long day, and I was waiting for the shift to end. I was tired, I hurt, and I didn't have much energy left.

And then it happened.

Some of the guys started talking about Russia and the Ukraine and the Vietnam and getting louder and agreeing with one another and nuke this and nuke that and we are the super power and screw them all.

I apologize.

I was too tired to point out that we had not been on the winning side of a war since WWII. That it was the last time congress had declared war, ( only congress has the power to declare war), we were no longer a super power, that Vietnam was a police action, that Korea was never officially ended as a conflict, that we have bases in over 150 countries, we never leave, that we may be respected as a country but no longer feared, that our military budget exceeds the next 10 countries combined, that we can't tell Russia not to invade another country because it is not right, ( because we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan ) , that congress is useless as a governing body, that there is no longer a major difference between republicans or democrats, that there was a huge uproar when social security was introduced ( much like the healthcare plan in play now ) that retires count on to survive.

They do get quiet when I start talking, like I know (pretend to know) something

Yea, I was tired.

Sorry.

ray

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...